Monday, May 18, 2009

Small Pleasures

Ahhhh! Such pleasure and soothing-ness! Such feelings of pure, pure joy and relaxation! That's how I felt standing under the shower spray of hot water. I literally felt the stress melt away and the tension knotted up in my joints loosen up, and relief just flowed through me - bones, veins and all - from my head to my toes. And then my toes curled up in sheer delight. Mmmm...... lovely!
I had felt so much unease earlier while I lay down and read my Thisday Style magazine. my joints were stiff and aching, my nerves were jumpy and I felt restless, and my mind just felt totally clouded and I couldn't read or think clearly.
I needed to read till I felt sleepy, but that just wasn't happening. And so, the hot water shower idea, which was the only clear thought I had, came up. And the feeling? Oh! the feeling was so.......... glorious!
And then, it struck me! We always wait and look for the seemingly bigger things or greater happenings to take place before we give God praise and the glory due HIM and thank HIM. We thank God for saving us from accidents, for making that contract fall through, for giving us that six figure job, blah blah blah.... But not so. It shouldn't be that way. Nothing stops us from thanking HIM for the seemingly smaller things. I thought of millions of people who would give anything to have a warm bath cos they were freezing their toes off...............
And so, as I stood in the bathroom under the shower, letting the water spray hit my face and run down my body, I closed my eyes, took a moment and whispered to my Father, "thank YOU so much......... for a hot water shower".

No comments: