Monday, November 2, 2009

Giving it up - ALL or Nothing.

Ok. So, it's the 2nd day in November, and I've set out for a good cause (well, it's a good one to me). Happy new month, first of all. I've been down under for a while, but it feels so good to resurface - breath of fresh air (I am breathing in so deeply that I can almost feel the wear and near-tear of my lungs. Wow! The weekend was......... Lord knows that words cannot begin to tell it. But, the 411 is that is was MIND-BLOWING! I traveled down to the north - Kano, to be precise (as close as it is in proximity to Jigawa, it didn't cause nostalgia or have me swooning with bubbling bile. NO). And then, I met ma famile! My Kano family, I mean, and then my CFI family was there, too! Was there for a Grace Convention. And that? That was the highlight of the mind-blowing weekend. It was awesome. Lovely. And I miss these people that I have come to love with all of my being (I cried like I had been dumped and crushed while the car pulled out of the car park, on my way back. No kidding), and my mind's been programmed to know that without them, I'd be living a pretty empty life. I bless and thank the Lord for you guys. And I love you.... more than you believe.
But, I actually am off the course for which I set out to write this (I digress, sha).
So, I've set out on a good cause - my good and the good of some folks, too
.
I'm going to give up coca-cola this month. I've tried. Believe me. It was HARD. But now, I have what I did not have before: I have the power of motivation! Mu-hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do it for the sake of charity - now that is a really good cause of motivation, wouldn't you say?
But, getting here was not easy. It was positively difficult. On the 31st of October, I vividly remember nearly losing my marbles while I searched for a last bottle of coke before the stroke of 12 (my very own Cinderella story). And this I did from 11:30pm to 11:57pm! I was livid, hysterical, and down right almost nuts when I couldn't find one! (who knew that stores and shops were supposed to be closed by that time!) And so, I got into this new month without a bottle of coke as my compensation. But, oh well! It is for a good cause, right? I'll miss you, coke, my daily dose of caffeine, my own bottle of sugar rush! But I had to let you go.... for now. But, believe me, it won't be for too long! Because, come December, the month of festivity, I shall be dancing on roof tops with a bottle of sweating coke in my hand, and a crate more in the freezer! And I mean every word of that LITERARY! Mmmu-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmu-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Nuff said.
Still, I miss you, coca-cola.

No comments: