Monday, June 22, 2009

MUSE

I've got a near addiction for at least two foods - bread and Coca-cola. I probably could go days on end with just both of them. You know the popular question they ask of "what three essential things you'd have with if you were deserted on an island"? I'm almost tempted to pick Coke over water. Yeah. That bad. But, then again, simple and common sense and the acknowledgement of water as the element that saves lives, knocks me back into reality. Which just makes me become conscious of the fact that certain things are really not essential for our existence, and therefore makes addiction to them totally unnecessary. I still love my Coke, though. And yes, the dough too!
My brother loves fries. Sometimes, I almost think he breathes fries. He can have fries for breakfast and for dinner as a constant. So, there's always a nearly limitless supply of potatoes available. As I cut and sliced last night, I bagan to take solace in the fact that mine was not as bad as that yet. And hopefully not ever. The hard part? He prefers fresh potatoes being cut up by hand than the processed and packaged chips/fries. (sigh). Things we love.........
Shakira was in church yesterday. I stood singing and dancing to God's praise, and she just walked past me, clad in a very bright yellow outfit. I must say, she was far from anything I'd ever imagined or seen on tv. I never thought she even knew God....... Ok. It wasn't Shakira. Just some girl in her blinding yellow outfit with a black inscription of "Shakira" on the back of her skirt.
Well, it just made me wonder and marvel at the obscenities of some clothes learned people wear to a house of worship - cuts, shapes, inscriptions, and all - the inappropriateness and the whole shebang. It doesn't happen in just some churches - all! So, nobody goes thinking it's just in some new-generational churches. I remember being in my family's orthodox church, and during the communion, this dude walks past me to the altar in a black T-shirt with a huge picture of THE finger on both the front and back! I stared at him in sheer horror. Unbelievable sight. My mind immediately began to try and decipher the reason behind his waking up, grabbing that Tee, and pulling it on. I didn't know what conclusion to come to; whether the finger was at folks who would or had dared to say anything he deemed as wrong, or at the Reverend who offered the communion, or at G...... dare I say it? If it was........ HIS wrath not on me.
And so, it is safe for me to say that, along with many other wrong things and doctrines which have entered the church, obscenities is a new and almost welcome addition to the family. At least, no one's saying anything about it yet. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.
So, again, Shakira was in church yesterday. She was short, dark, and brightly coloured.
Does this whole write-up sound sorta disjointed or is it just me? Maybe it's because of my over-full stomach..... Or maybe it's my annoying neighbour with his nerve-grating singing voice, who just doesn't know when to stop!
I guess I'll just stop then. 'Narf!

2 comments:

Obosa said...

I share the same thought. it's quite frustrating and it has gotten to a point one can even defend the essence of church in such areas. But i guess one should leave all to God. He alone knows hw best to handle the situation. luv

Chizzy said...

Yes. Really, it's all in HIS hands. What can we do? Only what we already do: Pray. HE, as usual, knows best.