Wednesday, June 3, 2009

From Within

Last week, my friend's - she is more like my sister - father was kidnapped. A ransom was demanded. He's back home now. He's ok. Everything is fine and back to normal. Supposedly. Was the ransom paid? Maybe. Maybe not. But that's not the issue - or all of it, entirely. The good thing is that he's alright. Right? So, naturally, we should all just heave a sigh of relief, mutter thanks to God under our breath or have a lavish thanksgiving service in church (which naturally will follow the order of things in this great countryof ours), then be grateful for the life spared, and not bother about the riff-raffs who apparently have no future (there is not a bright or dim future in a case where there is no future in the first place), that gave a whole family and friends the scare of their lives. Life is as it was. Business as usual. Welcome back the pasted smiles on painted faces, and talks through clenched teeth. S then, I should be ending this piece here, right? Wrong! This nonsense has gone on long enough! They just messed with the wrong family! Maybe I am a little angered. No, not a little - a lot. It will pass...... just give me a minute. It will pass. I should not m\be mad, I think. I should feel sorry for them. Yes, i do feel sorry for them. And pity too, for these imbeciles; because if they had known, they wouldn't have. if my friend's family pocket is lesser and theirs is fatter, they have just received and eaten their seed of destruction. Not because I say so, no. Not some charm or juju thing, never. But because I know the ONE who backs us - this family. The ONE who showed and will always show HIMSELF strong and LORD of our lives; HE who was and is our Comfort and Strength; our HOPE and REFUGE. The LORD will bring to book anyone who dares to touch HIS own. They dared. Now, it is payback time. No worries. I am sure you will know about it when it happens.
Now let me say this. I'm sick! Sick and tired of all these kidnapping ransom-demanding fools! All of them! Niger-Delta militants. No-Future-Ambition individuals. Political tyrants. People with the darkest, blackest, and 'wickedest' of hearts!
Interestingly, this incident happened in an area with not so much as an oil pipeline running through it - Benin. Notorious Benin. Wild and crazy Benin. My friend's father has nothing to do with petroleum and it's products or oily politics. So why was he kidnapped? What was the motive? To me, it was one built from envy and beef for a man who worked hard to build his empire from scratch! I'm not entirely sure of why he was kidnapped, but behind such wicked scheme has to be envy, jealousy and strife.
My friend's father is blessed and favored (I don't believe in luck). When I think of those who haven't been so fortunate, in the end, all we can do is thank God with all our hearts. But, will life just be as it was? I can't be so certain. Somewhere, a part of me thinks and believes that my friend's father will be extra-careful. Maybe bodyguards. Maybe extra security guards and a more complex security system. This is a good man. Why would anyone in their right senses and even the teeny tiniest of believe in God, want to put his life at risk? I said once and I'll say it again- God will definitely visit them; and trust me, it will definitely not be a visit they'll be looking forward to.
All this talk about militants nd terrorists for this our own Naija..... but no sign of it slowing or even ending soon. I just wonder... how did people who were relatively nobodies just get a break in fame and become well-known? How on earth have they been able to finance for the sort of and number of arms they carry? How do they have access to boats and other vehicles of mobilisation? How? Who is the miserably depressed and sadistic animal that backs them up? Questions..... Maybe I need a little more enlightenment. Maybe I'm still a little naive about this whole thing. But the truth still remains... It's so not right. But, everyday for thief \, one day na for the man wey get house. Just so they know; that 'one day' is closing in fast. Be careful, because if you open the door and peer around the corner, you'll se HIM fast approaching. Vengeance is HIS. I pity you. Tsk, tsk!
I have vented. I have poured it out. In anger. In pity. Now all that's left is a feeling of justice looming, waiting on the edge, to be executed swiftly.
My friend's father was kidnapped. Life will not be what it used to be. But thankfully, God's got our back. He's back home now. He's ok. Thanks be to God Almighty.
'Nuff said.

No comments: