Thursday, June 4, 2009

Writer's Block?!

Yeah.... ok. Uhmmmm.... This is almost frustrating! My fingers remain poised above the keyboard while I just keep trying to reach into my head to fetch the words out, but it almost feels as if they're stuck with some adhesive in the shelf of my mind.......... I've been stuck on this line since like forever. I HAVE to write a blog today. I promised myself I'll write as often as I can on my blogspot this year.... And I must! Now, it looks like I'm having what I have come to know as the dreaded WRITER'S BLOCK! (This is where you hear that dreadful piano sound from horror movies and thrillers boom right behind you).
Ok.. I didn't major in English or literature or creative writing... I'm just one of those people who discovered my love for writing and developed my talent/skill as I grew. So, maybe that does permit me to have a brain freeze, does it? Please I need sympathisers! I wanted to know what writers should do when they experience momentary or periodical brain freeze - sorry - writer's block, and so I checked out some well-known writer's website. She says, in times like that, you need to take time out to refuel. Some of her suggestions? Read and absorb books that inspire you... like the Bible, autobiographies of your favorite people..., Watch movies (that make sense! What with all sorts of stuff out now, called movies!), take a walk, play golf (hmph! Ok, maybe other sports like tennis, bowling, puzzles...), sit in the mall and watch people (someone once said "wisdom is not in buildings, or pages of all books. Widom is in the streets, on the faces and actions of people". So get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. So, be inpired!).
So, in the end, I think I should probably stop struggling and racking my brain, trying to scrape stories and words that are tightly adhered off the walls of my brain. If I should just take my time to refuel, it will all come back, and the stories will come out like peeling weak plaster off the walls. "If you build it, they will come!".......Bruha-ha-ha-ha! (evil laugh. :-))

No comments: